The E-2 visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign investors to enter and work in the United States based on a substantial investment in a US business. It is also known as the Investor Visa or Treaty Investor Visa.

To qualify for an E-2 visa, the applicant must be a citizen of a country that has a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States. The applicant must also have invested or be in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital in a US business. The investment must be sufficient to ensure the success and viability of the business, and the investment must not be marginal.

The E-2 visa may be granted for up to five years, and it can be extended indefinitely as long as the investor continues to meet the eligibility requirements. Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 may also be eligible for E-2 dependent visas.

Unlike other nonimmigrant visas, the E-2 visa does not require a job offer from a US employer. Instead, the investor must demonstrate that they will be actively involved in the management of the US business and that the investment will create jobs for US workers.

E2 visa

It is important to note that the E-2 visa does not provide a direct path to permanent residency (a green card). However, E-2 visa holders may be able to apply for other types of visas or permanent residency through other means, such as family sponsorship or employment sponsorship.

Services Offered by US Journey Immigration Services in Salt Lake City

Tags :

Immigration Services,Visas

Share :

Have Any Question?

We have a team of experts wth over 20 years of experience here to help you navigate through this journey.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *