US Journey Immigration Services

(801) 746-4880

Call us today

Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 5:00

Always here to help you


Experienced Immigration Attorney - Marlene F. Gonzalez

U Visa

The U visa is a non-immigrant visa that provides legal protection to victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical harm and are helpful to law enforcement. It's a great option for those who are in danger at home and want to stay in the United States. 

  • What Crimes Qualify for a U Visa?  Victims of the following crimes can be considered for a U Visa:  rape; torture; trafficking; incest; domestic violence; sexual assault; abusive sexual contact; prostitution; sexual exploitation; stalking; female genital mutilation; being held hostage; peonage; involuntary servitude; slave trade; kidnapping; abduction; unlawful criminal restraint; false imprisonment; blackmail; extortion; manslaughter; murder; felonious assault; witness tampering; obstruction of justice; perjury; fraud in foreign labor contracting; or attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit any of the above-mentioned crimes.
  • How do I Qualify for a U Visa?  You must be the victim of a qualifying crime, and been helpful in the investigation or prosecution of the crime that occurred in the United States. You must have suffered substantial harm as a result of being the victim of the crime and show that you a person of good moral character. 
  • Do I Need an Attorney? It's important to work closely with an attorney if you plan on applying for a U visa because it can be complex and there are many requirements. A lawyer will help you gather documentation, prepare your application, negotiate with the government agency, and deal with any problems that may arise during the process. 


Contact us today at (801) 746-4880 to learn more about U visas and how we can help you!

Call us now at (801) 746-4880 for helpwith your change of status application.