The E-2 visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign investors to enter and work in the United States based on a substantial investment in a US business. It is also known as the Investor Visa or Treaty Investor Visa.

To qualify for an E-2 visa, the applicant must be a citizen of a country that has a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States. The applicant must also have invested or be in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital in a US business. The investment must be sufficient to ensure the success and viability of the business, and the investment must not be marginal.

The E-2 visa may be granted for up to five years, and it can be extended indefinitely as long as the investor continues to meet the eligibility requirements. Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 may also be eligible for E-2 dependent visas.

Unlike other nonimmigrant visas, the E-2 visa does not require a job offer from a US employer. Instead, the investor must demonstrate that they will be actively involved in the management of the US business and that the investment will create jobs for US workers.

U Visa

It is important to note that the E-2 visa does not provide a direct path to permanent residency (a green card). However, E-2 visa holders may be able to apply for other types of visas or permanent residency through other means, such as family sponsorship or employment sponsorship.

Services Offered by US Journey Immigration Services in Salt Lake City

Tags :

Immigration Services,Visas

Share :

Have Any Question?

We have a team of experts wth over 20 years of experience here to help you navigate through this journey.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Experienced Immigration Attorney - Marlene F. Gonzalez

U Visa

The U visa is a non-immigrant visa that provides legal protection to victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical harm and are helpful to law enforcement. It's a great option for those who are in danger at home and want to stay in the United States. 

  • What Crimes Qualify for a U Visa?  Victims of the following crimes can be considered for a U Visa:  rape; torture; trafficking; incest; domestic violence; sexual assault; abusive sexual contact; prostitution; sexual exploitation; stalking; female genital mutilation; being held hostage; peonage; involuntary servitude; slave trade; kidnapping; abduction; unlawful criminal restraint; false imprisonment; blackmail; extortion; manslaughter; murder; felonious assault; witness tampering; obstruction of justice; perjury; fraud in foreign labor contracting; or attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit any of the above-mentioned crimes.
  • How do I Qualify for a U Visa?  You must be the victim of a qualifying crime, and been helpful in the investigation or prosecution of the crime that occurred in the United States. You must have suffered substantial harm as a result of being the victim of the crime and show that you a person of good moral character. 
  • Do I Need an Attorney? It's important to work closely with an attorney if you plan on applying for a U visa because it can be complex and there are many requirements. A lawyer will help you gather documentation, prepare your application, negotiate with the government agency, and deal with any problems that may arise during the process. 

Contact us today at 1-833-VISA-4-US to learn more about U visas and how we can help you!

Call us now at 1-833-VISA-4-US for helpwith your change of status application.