Experienced Immigration Attorney - Marlene F. Gonzalez

Employment Visas

Immigrant and non-immigrant visas are available to certain people who wish to work in the United States on a permanent or temporary basis. There are a few different types of employment-based visas, and it is important to understand which type applies to your unique situation. Once you know which type of visa is appropriate, you can begin the application process. 

To work in the U.S., you must have one of the following:

A green card (permanent resident card);

A work permit; or

An employment-based visa.

We highly recommend working with an attorney when applying for a work permit or employment visa of any kind. Attorney Marlene Gonzalez – US Journey Immigration Services offers experienced, personalized legal representation to clients across the U.S. and world in employment-based immigration matters. Whether you are looking to become a permanent resident to live and work in the U.S., need a temporary employment visa to work in the U.S. for a limited time, or need to obtain a work permit, we can provide insight regarding your options and how to proceed. When you work with the Attorney Marlene Gonzalez – US Journey Immigration Services, you can rest assured that your interests will be protected through every single step of your case.

To find out how we can assist you, call 1-833-VISA-4-US

Types of Temporary Employment-Based Visas

The different types of temporary worker visas are as follows:

H1-B Visa: Person in a specialty occupation

H-1B1 Visa: Free Trade Agreement (FTA) professional

H-2A Visa: Temporary agricultural worker

H-2B: Temporary non-agricultural worker

H-3 Visa: Trainee or special education visitor

L Visa: Intracompany transferee

O Visa: Individual with extraordinary ability or achievement

P-1 Visa: Individual or team athlete, or member of an entertainment group

P-2 or P-3 Visa: Artist or entertainer (individual or group)

Q-1 Visa: Participant in an international cultural exchange program


Employment-Based Immigrant Visas

To permanently live and work in the United States, you may be able to apply for an employment-based immigrant visa. Approximately 140,000 immigrant visas are available each year for foreign nationals and their spouses and children who wish to come to the U.S. based on their job skills.

The different types of permanent worker visas are as follows:

EB-1 (First Preference): Persons of extraordinary ability and priority workers

EB-2 (Second Preference): Professionals with advanced degrees or persons of exceptional ability

EB-3 (Third Preference): Professionals, skilled workers, and other workers

EB-4 (Fourth Preference): Certain “special immigrants” such as certain religious workers

EB-5 (Fifth Preference): Immigrant investors

Learn more about work visas and employment-based immigration by calling us at 1-833-VISA-4-US

Call us now at 1-833-VISA-4-US for helpwith your change of status application.