VAWA Self-Petitions for Spouses
June 5, 2023
How to Apply for a Student Visa from your home
To apply for a student visa in the United States, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Apply to a US school: You must first apply and be accepted to a US school that is authorized to issue the Form I-20, which is a document you will need to apply for a student visa.
2. Pay the SEVIS fee: Once you receive your Form I-20, you will need to pay the SEVIS fee, which is a fee that goes towards maintaining the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
3. Complete the online DS-160 form: You will need to complete the online DS-160 form, which is a non-immigrant visa application form.
4. Schedule a visa interview: You will need to schedule a visa interview at the US embassy or consulate in your home country.
5. Attend the visa interview: You will need to attend the visa interview with all necessary documents, including your Form I-20, proof of SEVIS fee payment, passport, and financial documents.
6. Wait for visa approval: After the interview, you will need to wait for your visa to be approved. If approved, you will receive your visa within a few days.
Services Offered by US Journey Immigration Services in Salt Lake City